Monday, July 12, 2004

PHSD CAMP-DAY 3

General meeting in the morning to run through practice drills and sing a piobaireachd
piece we will be singing of Friday. Also played a tune way over my head that we will be playing on Friday. I have to thank Jori for steering me in the right direction. Even though I am slower than others in my group, my accuracy is better. I also learned that I read music notation at the same speed that I read English writing. This makes me much slower to absorb tunes for the first time.

Most of the day was spent working in small groups on different tunes, playing and tuning our pipes and working on music structure, beat and tempo.

In the evening I attended a very good lecture on music theory. I learned the difference between compound and simple time and how to figure out the timing of tunes as I listen to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home