PHSD CAMP-DAY 2
Up at 7, shower, walk dog and return to hotel to practice. At 8:00, several bands whose members are here at camp, take turns to play a sort of reveille. One Police band from Port Orchard is here. I talked to one of their members and they are looking for pipers. He gave me the link to the website. I want to talk to Jori about it before pursuing the possibility.
Met for 2 hours with my group practicing "Dark Island" and another tune then went to “Introduction to Piobaireachd” class for an hour, then back to my group for another hour. This afternoon our instructor was Jack Lee. He said my pipes were brilliant and sounded great, nice and crisp. Perhaps this is because they are the exact model used by the SFU pipe band.
This evening I went to a pipe maintenance class and watched other people with pipe problems work them out. There were drones that were too tight and valves that were gummed up. I watched for a while and met some very nice people. Here are two very valuable things I learned. First, don’t be too quick to join a band because after that, you will always be working to keep up and won’t have the same time to learn that you do now. Second, join the very best band you can find.
Met for 2 hours with my group practicing "Dark Island" and another tune then went to “Introduction to Piobaireachd” class for an hour, then back to my group for another hour. This afternoon our instructor was Jack Lee. He said my pipes were brilliant and sounded great, nice and crisp. Perhaps this is because they are the exact model used by the SFU pipe band.
This evening I went to a pipe maintenance class and watched other people with pipe problems work them out. There were drones that were too tight and valves that were gummed up. I watched for a while and met some very nice people. Here are two very valuable things I learned. First, don’t be too quick to join a band because after that, you will always be working to keep up and won’t have the same time to learn that you do now. Second, join the very best band you can find.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home