WHAT'S UNDER THE KILT
What are you wearing under that kilt? This is the most asked question to anyone who has ever worn one. As a new piper, I am not sure how to answer. As I mentioned, my first standard answer "PINK G-STRING" just scared people. I also like the whole mystery of the thing. If I revealed what I wear or do not wear under the kilt, it would just ruin the fun.
Here is what I suspect is the deal with kilt undergarments. Newbies are allowed to ease into the kilt thing with proper coverage. However, if one joins a band or is able to play a proper "Black Bear" in proper tartan colors, it is time to live up to the heritage of those who went before. The eyes of a thousand piping souls look down from heaven to make sure their tradition is carried on. Of course it is those souls who look up from below who really have the vantage point.
I plan to as Jori "Yoda" about this at some point but I think I might need a pint or two before I broach the subject.
Here is what I suspect is the deal with kilt undergarments. Newbies are allowed to ease into the kilt thing with proper coverage. However, if one joins a band or is able to play a proper "Black Bear" in proper tartan colors, it is time to live up to the heritage of those who went before. The eyes of a thousand piping souls look down from heaven to make sure their tradition is carried on. Of course it is those souls who look up from below who really have the vantage point.
I plan to as Jori "Yoda" about this at some point but I think I might need a pint or two before I broach the subject.

1 Comments:
My suggestion:
"Hey, What isn't under this kilt?"
Post a Comment
<< Home