UPCOMING PERFORMANCE
This month my boss approached me with a request: He would like me to perform for his wife's mother's birthday on October 9th. He suggested that I show up at 9 am and play in the front yard as a special birthday morning celebration. Hmmmm.
First, I had promised myself that I wouldn't "perform" for real until I had been playing for at least 2 years. Second, I am concerned about any request that could replace the word "piper" with the word "trained monkey". Third, playing in a residential neighborhood on a Saturday morning is a good way to get shot.
After giving it allot of thought, I have agreed to play. First, my boss' expectations are very low. He doesn't expect a recital, just "Happy Birthday" and a few other tunes. Second, I am sticking to my credo: "Pipers Play" no matter what. Lastly, despite my boss' many flaws, I have a great amount of loyalty to him simply because he hired me when nobody else would.
October 9th, I set out to play a 30 minute set consisting of the following tunes:
Barnyards of Delgady
Flower of Scotland
Mist Covered Mountains
Dark Island
Scotland the Brave
Happy Birthday
I will wear my utilikilt, new Glengarry, new socks and sporran. Wish me luck and good piping!
First, I had promised myself that I wouldn't "perform" for real until I had been playing for at least 2 years. Second, I am concerned about any request that could replace the word "piper" with the word "trained monkey". Third, playing in a residential neighborhood on a Saturday morning is a good way to get shot.
After giving it allot of thought, I have agreed to play. First, my boss' expectations are very low. He doesn't expect a recital, just "Happy Birthday" and a few other tunes. Second, I am sticking to my credo: "Pipers Play" no matter what. Lastly, despite my boss' many flaws, I have a great amount of loyalty to him simply because he hired me when nobody else would.
October 9th, I set out to play a 30 minute set consisting of the following tunes:
Barnyards of Delgady
Flower of Scotland
Mist Covered Mountains
Dark Island
Scotland the Brave
Happy Birthday
I will wear my utilikilt, new Glengarry, new socks and sporran. Wish me luck and good piping!

4 Comments:
Don't forget the plaid bullet-proof vest. :)
Good luck!
And pack some heat, say a Ruger Blackhawk or a fully tuckable Beretta. You canna be too careful if things go wrong.
Oh, I wish I could be there. Do you want to borrow my claymore?
Yes please!. I am rethinking this as we get closer to the 9th, but I'm going through with it hell or high water. I'm planning on fitting a flask into my new sporran. If I am gonna get shot at 9:00 am, I might as well be pissed as well.
Post a Comment
<< Home