Friday, September 24, 2004

MORE TEETH PROBLEMS

I am having more problems with my teeth as a result of an over-zealous dentist and my bagpipes. You will remember that as a result of a rugby injury 20 years ago, by dentist literally begged me to get crowns on my front teeth (see blogs from June and July). Short story-I got the crowns but the temporary crowns fell off several times. The permanent crowns survived up until last Wednesday.

On Wednesday I went to play my pipes. I have been trying to break in a new reed and blowing has been very hard. I must exert myself completely just to play a few tunes. Anyway, in the middle of practicing, one of my crowns cracked in half. I immediately called the dentist who listened in complete disbelief. He had never heard of anyone breaking a lava crown before. He patched the tooth that day and set me up for an appointment to get new crowns in October. Both of my crowns will need to be replaced.

The dentist and I have both learned a valuable lesson, pipers need their front teeth and despite a rubber bite guard, I was able to break a very durable crown. Pipers beware, protect your front teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home